Could you help a local family get through
difficult times and thrive?
Home-Start-Reading volunteers visit families in their own homes for a few hours, once a week, to provide them with the support they need to get through challenging times.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- are a parent or have experience working with children
- can spare a morning or afternoon per week
- are willing to undergo a DBS check
- are happy to complete a training course
The fun and interactive course will ensure that you fully understand our approach and what to expect. Through a mix of self-paced online training and group sessions you’ll learn about:
- childhood and parenting
- visiting a family in their own home
- listening skills
- difficulties and stresses of family life
- equality, fairness and diversity
- children’s development
- parent to child communication
- personal safety
We will only match you with a family once you’re feeling happy, confident and ready, and our Home-Visiting Co-ordinators will always be here to provide any support you need.
You might like to read comments from some of our past and current volunteers to get an idea of what volunteering with us is like and whether it might suit you. Please contact Julie on 07483 113679) or Marion on 07483 113681 with any questions or to sign up.